Please read this announcement in full for important details regarding the use of MCPS facilities this summer.
In partnership with Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), the Office of Community Use of Public Facilities (CUPF) is pleased to reopen MCPS All Purpose Rooms/Cafeteria and Gyms ONLY for WEEKEND USE ONLY for dates of use June 20, 2021 through August 15, 2021 for community use.
We will begin accepting reservation requests via ActiveMontgomery on Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
Space will be available in ONLY three-hour blocks based on the following schedule:
- Available Hours of Use Saturday and Sunday:
APR/Cafeteria Main Gymnasium Auxiliary Gymnasium (Gym 2)
7:00a-10:00a 8:00a-11:00a 9:00a-12:00p
12:00p-3:00p 1:00p-4:00p 2:00p-5:00p
5:00p-8:00p 6:00p-9:00p 7:00p-10:00p
*High School access will end July 31, 2021
- All reservation requests will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
- All groups must self-book online; payment due at time of reservation request.
- No user group may book more than one block of time per day, at any single school building. A group may use one block of time for either the Gymnasium OR the All-Purpose Room/Cafeteria. Reservation requests received for two blocks of time on the same day at the same school building will be denied. This ensures greater opportunities for accessing space by as many groups as possible.
- A maximum of 50 chairs and two tables will be set up in the All-Purpose Room/Cafeteria if requested. If the number of tables and chairs requested is more than this, the school may provide the equipment but will not set it up or put it away. The permit holder will be responsible for doing so and must be completed within the three-hour permitted time period. No additional time will be provided to the group to accommodate this.
- User group set up and clean up must be completed within the three-hour permit time.
- User group storage is not permitted in school buildings.
- Kitchen access is not permitted.
- Tables and chairs are not permitted in gymnasiums.
- Use of school Scoreboard equipment is not permitted at this time.
- Food or drink will not be permitted at this time to reduce cleanup by building services staff.
- Audio-visual equipment rentals are not permitted at this time.
- Due to limited space being available, reservation requests must be appropriate use of the space requested (sports activities should only request Gymnasium facilities; meetings or seated gatherings should only request the Cafeteria/All-Purpose Room facilities, etc.)
- Classroom use is not permitted at this time—no exceptions.
- User groups that do not comply with these guidelines may be subject to cancellation for the summer.
CUPF is not accepting applications for large events currently. A public announcement will be sent out once we are able to begin accepting applications.
We appreciate your patience as we work with MCPS to return to our “normal” community access to school facilities.